Tony Eyres, Senior Advisor
I have extensive knowledge, networks and insights across Australia’s key trade-exposed sectors, having enjoyed direct engagement with the highest levels of government, corporations and industry bodies globally. I have worked in capital markets, several corporate roles with exposure to emerging markets including Latin America and South-east Asia, the Federal Government‘s Senior Executive Service and 5½ years as CEO of an industry representative group with a majority stake in an ASX listed agricultural company.
My commercial acumen and networks are supported by a Churchill Fellowship on “Technology adoption in agriculture and its impact on rural communities”, where I was selected from my cohort to attend the Global Leadership Practices programme. This involved exposure to the details of what is going on behind the scenes of countries vital to the long-term economic well-being of Australia. Additionally, I have participated in various programs at Harvard University’s Business School and Kennedy School of Government over my career.
Contact me at: email@example.com
Examples of experience:
- Managing Director of Rounding Up, a corporate advisory firm servicing a large base of public and private sector clients on business growth opportunities in Australia, primarily in agribusiness and food;
- Senior Investment Specialist Resources & Energy and Agribusiness & Food within Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade). Appointed to assist Austrade in better servicing foreign direct investment into priority areas of Australia’s economy;
- Executive Director within UBS Global Asset Management’s Global Real Estate business. This involved engagement with local and global institutions seeking financial exposure to real assets;
- General Manager, Operations of Fonterra Co-operative Group;
- Executive Director of Harvest Capital Partners, a corporate advisory firm focused on agribusiness and food investments in rural and regional Australia. Successfully built a project pipeline of over A$400m;
- Director of Origin Capital Group;
- Non-Executive Director of Kondinin Group; and
- CEO of Grain Growers Association, one of Australia’s leading agribusiness advocacy organisations with A$150m of assets over 17,000 members. Assets include a majority stake in ASX-listed Graincorp, which operates key grains, malting and flour milling infrastructure across the globe.