John Sheehy, Executive Director
My background is in international corporate law. I have practised as a cross-border M&A lawyer in London, New York City and Moscow, having advised on transactions involving assets or parties in over 20 countries spanning 6 continents with a combined value of over $50 billion.
I drive commercial transactions with superior strategic insight, common sense and an approachable and professional manner. I am adaptable across a variety of sectors and geographies having advised clients in the energy, mining, industrials, utilities, healthcare, luxury, aerospace and retail sectors in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Above all, I am a determined, well-natured leader who inspires confidence in clients and colleagues alike.
Contact me at email@example.com.
Prior to joining Pottinger, I was a member of the market-leading corporate/M&A team of Linklaters LLP, one of the largest premium global law firms, in London and New York. This included a secondment within the corporate legal team of FTSE 100 utility National Grid plc.
Examples of experience:
- Maximus Inc. on strategic growth pathways for its Australian business
- ACT Inc. on its international growth strategy in fourteen countries
- Cochlear Limited on its joint venture with Macquarie University and the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
- NSW Government-owned Hunter Water Corporation on its sale of the Kooragang Industrial Wastewater Scheme to Itochu Corporation
- Novartis AG in connection with the SEC requirements of its three transformational and inter-conditional transactions with GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Industrie De Nora on its acquisition of its joint venture partner’s interest in the global water purification business of Severn Trent plc
- Sojitz Corporation of America on its cross-border investment in two Peruvian joint ventures with a Spanish counterparty operating in the renewable energy sector
- J Sainsbury plc on its acquisition of the remaining 50% of Sainsbury’s Bank plc from Bank of Scotland plc
- De Beers Group on various transactional and commercial matters including the migration of its rough diamond sales operations from London to Botswana
- Air France S.A. on a cross-border investment in a newly formed joint venture
- McKesson Corporation on the disposal of its European healthcare IT business
- Vesuvius Holdings Limited on the disposal of its European precious metals business
- Various international clients on cross-border joint ventures in the Russian industrials and mining sectors