Marcus Davidson, Vice President, Pottinger
Marcus is a Vice President at Pottinger, focusing on M&A and strategy advice. He ensures that our work is based on integrity, independence and sound financial analysis.
Marcus has a unique background across the broader financial industry including project finance, private equity, equity markets (both cash and derivative) and advising clients on the options they face in today's challenging market. He has advised on transactions which include M&A, joint ventures, divestments, strategic growth options and global expansion initiatives.
A deep passion for technology gives Marcus an advantage in today’s environment where technology is at the forefront of strategic opportunity across all sectors. This passion comes from his studies and early background in software development, having developed one of the first conditional stock trading systems in Australia in 2001. Marcus has lived and worked in Sydney, Hong Kong, the Greek Islands and New York City.
Prior to joining Pottinger in 2017 Marcus worked for Rothschild, Investec Australia, Macquarie Bank, and also as a private consultant to Australian private equity firms.
Contact me at: email@example.com
Examples of my experience and broad financial background include:
- Development capital raising for Photon Energy on Australia's largest pipeline of solar PV assets;
- Advising a global logistic solution provider on its global growth strategy and competitive advantage analysis;
- Advising an ASX200 industrial on global expansion strategy;
- Advising early stage Australian-based technology companies on capital raisings (from both public and private) and global expansion initiatives;
- Supporting Australian based private equity firms in the of private equity sell down and exit transaction in the;
- Greenfield and brownfield project financing for junior ASX listed gold, coal and diversified mining companies;
- Advising on A$1.2bn cross-border structured finance transaction utilising double transaction treatment;
- Management of cUS$250m global relative value arbitrage equity book in Hong Kong; and
- Gold and silver Options broking on the COMEX in New York